April 25, 2017 § Leave a comment
Let’s take a look at the History of Makeup: 1970s.
With the combination of women’s liberation groups and disco music, the 70s was a time when makeup was not for the average housewife, it was for the independent woman. From the super glam disco queen like Donna Summers; the feminine naturalist; and the punk music lover one thing was clear: the beauty industry was changing.
Disco was a huge part of the 70s! Known for being a dance craze with colorful music by greats including the Bee Gees, disco was a popular lifestyle that was filled with dancing, music and lots of glitter on both the fashion and beauty side of things.
Along with disco, punk music had a big influence on fashion and beauty during this decade. Worn by both women and men looking to break away from society standards, pale skin and dark eyes were must-haves for those into the sometimes shocking look.
FACE: Face makeup was much less dramatic than the years before being used simply to cover blemishes. For the cheeks, blush became more popular with defined stripes on each cheek starting from the temples.
BROWS: Women desired the clean, groomed and defined look which would be achieved by lightly coloring them in or simply combing them.
EYES: Depending on your interest in disco or punk, the eyes were made the difference in fashion choice. For disco lovers, colors like blue, green, purples and even glittery colors were worn on the entire eye all the way to brow along with mascara on both the top and bottom lashes and eyeliner around the entire eye. For those into punk, heavy dark eye shadow and liner was preferred.
LIPS: Some popular lipsticks colors were plums, and berry colors of mulberry and cranberry. Be the end of the 70s, red lips were back!
For more beauty style visit, www.elluminize.com
April 20, 2017 § Leave a comment
Artwork Via: Eve Sand
·Friends. The Taurus is very intelligent, loyal, and helpful. Because of this, a Taurus makes an amazing friend or family member. A Taurus will always be the life of the party and loves to host house parties and family gatherings! In fashion, a Taurus is always ready to make a statement. Bright pinks, blues, and greens are their go-to colors. When hosting, a body-con dress with a wacky accessory is the perfect way to get the attention a Taurus desires!
·Love. A Taurus is a very physical lover who loves sensual acts. They respond mostly to intellect and love to relax with their significant other. A Taurus mostly shows their love through gifts and material gestures. They do the same with their outfit, always using it to convey their emotions for the other person. A miniskirt is a perfect date look for the Taurus. It will really let the other person know you’re interested, while showing off your great legs at the same time!
·Work. A Taurus looks for stability in their work environment. Always willing to work hard for what they want, a Taurus is reliable, patient, and thorough. They motivate themselves through their love of money. A jumpsuit is the work look that really says, “I’m here to get things done.” This is a statement piece that fit perfectly with a Taurus personality.
How will you wear the looks of the Taurus? Let us know!
And get more style at: elluminize.com
April 13, 2017 § Leave a comment
Let’s take a journey into the history of lip balm to find out exactly what it is.
What Is Lip Balm?
Lip balm, also known as lip salve, is a wax-textured mixture used to heal, moisturize and maintain lips.
Chapstick was originally invented in the early 1880s by Dr. C. D. Fleet, a physician from Lynchburg, Virginia and it looked more like a wickless candle wrapped in tin foil rather than the sleek design of today. After an unsuccessful sales campaign, in 1912, Dr. Fleet sold the recipe to John Morton, also from Lynchburg, who worked in his kitchen with his wife to create the pink Chapstick we know today. Due to Chapstick’s success, A.H. Robbins Company bought the rights from the Morton Manufacturing Corporation in 1963.
Carmex was invented 1936, by founder of Carma Lab Incorporated, Alfred Woelbing as a remedy to his cold sores.
The Importance of Lip Balm
Lip balm is a must have because it keeps the delicate skin on your lips moisturized and safe from the sun and wind which may cause chafing (chapping).
Some of the most common ingredients in lip balm include: beeswax, orcarnauba wax, camphor, cetyl alcohol, lanolin, paraffin, and petrolatum, along with optional flavors, fragrances, dyes, sunscreens, phenol, salicylic acid. There are also many different organic varieties also. The stylish, colorful sphere lip balm, EOS is a favorite amongst many due to its Vitamin E, it’scertified organic, gluten free, sodium lauryl sulfate-free, Petroleum-free, and labeled paraben-free recipe.
For more style visit, www.elluminize.com
April 4, 2017 § Leave a comment
Lipstick has been a staple for women for thousands of years and nothing has changed accept the variety of colors and the different techniques to get the perfect pout. Because it is a daily beauty regimen for many women, we knew there had to be an easy way to get the perfect application and we found it! Below we have created a how-to with easy tips to apply lipstick perfectly:
- Lipstick wears too fast? Lightly apply foundation to the lips before applying lipstick because it helps the lipstick last longer.
- Lipstick smears? Line your lips with a lip liner before applying lipstick because it keeps the lipstick neater and stops it from smearing around your lips.
- For the perfect lip liner application, use a disposable lip liner or lip liner brush to apply with small strokes going towards the inner part of your lips. This helps with appearance of your liner so it doesn’t look too harsh. For the best results, blend your liner to your lip stick color.
- Want fuller looking lips? For a fuller lip effect, slightly outline your lips with a liner outside of your natural lip-line. Then apply lipstick on the entire lips including the over lined areas to make the lips look fuller. For best results blend your liner to your lip stick color.
- Want a different color lipstick? To change a color of lipstick simply color the lips with two different lip liners and then apply lipstick. This will slightly alter the color of your lipstick.
- Professional Makeup Artist Tip: For the perfect lip, use a paste highlighter around your lips after you applied foundation and powder. To do so, use a disposable lip liner and blend with small strokes going towards your lips. Complete the look with liner and lipstick.
Get more beauty at: http://www.elluminize.com